August 15, 2011

ode to a fine field

On saturday, I watched my friend Kim spread sunshine around her neighborhood and a local nursing home, when she was given a car-full of leftover wedding flowers. She's such a loving, giving person, raised in a small town, now bringing that small-town neighbor-love to a bigger city where people don't always trust their neighbors. I love you Kimberly, thank you for being so sweet to me.



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This poem I wrote last October sums up my current course of cosmic learning... the title is a Rumi reference.

Wash in Wisdom-Water

Oh! The un-marinated heart
a crusty thing
a barnacled hull
Hauled out of sea to dry and grow dull
better to yield to the
moon-swelled surge
the longer the wait
the harder the purge



No comments:

Post a Comment