November 7, 2009

Vast.

Photobucket

All this time
I've toed the line
'twixt dark and light
and held the night
to be a place
of barren space
knowing not
that though my thoughts
were dark and dense
and couldn't sense
the starlit calm
it held a balm
as thick as light
though aught was bright
in all the caves
where I have laid
pressed upon
and far from dawn
all the land
of salt and sand
deserts vast
I've ambled past
dried-out bones
and pillow stones
yet in the dark
a gentle spark
illuminates
the one who waits
I always knew
I ran from You
but did not rate
a size so great
that though I ran
toward any land

I'd always run to You

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hello there lovely Deborah!!!
    What a sweet surprise!
    Yes Dan and Dawn seem such lovely people I coudn't resist when they asked me to come on Friday..worse case I hang out and chat with nice people and listen to groovy music for a couple of hours! Would have been fun to see you there!..Hope all is well in your world..see you soon..I may leave for New Zealand next week for a month with my 2 little chaps.. I shall hunt you down after that... Cheers , Helen :)

    ReplyDelete